m3 Clinical MAB®
Team Based Physical Intervention Training
"This is a Classroom Based Course"
Classroom Edition - $60.00 Per Student
The M3 Clinical MAB – Restraint and Seclusion course is an essential training program that equips individuals with the necessary skills to excel in their roles. This course is specifically designed for Crisis Response Teams, Security Professionals, Emergency Room Responders, Behavioral Health Workers, Law Enforcement, or anyone whose job description includes controlling aggressive behavior or situations. It provides advanced training, effectively preparing learners to handle intense situations that require intervention.
Before taking this course, it is essential to complete prerequisite courses such as M1 Basic MAB & M2 Advanced MAB. These courses provide an advanced foundation of the skills required to excel in M3 Clinical MAB. With this comprehensive training, participants will be equipped to become better leaders, responders, and care professionals. Overall, this training will contribute significantly to personal and professional growth, with the opportunity to apply these skills in a variety of settings. Don’t miss this opportunity to become a proficient and skilled professional in your industry. Register now for M3 Clinical MAB – Restraint and Seclusion training course.
we’re here to Answer All your M3 Clinical MAB® questions...
Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB) is the trademarked original course that has been the industry leader for over 25 years. Keeping workplaces safe across the United States!
If your organization wishes to schedule a separate date for the In-Class Edition of this course we are flexible and here to help. Contact us instantly with our LIVE Chat option to the lower right of this screen and will help you meet your training needs!
M3 Clinical MAB – Restraint and Seclusion course is for individuals who are part of a Crisis Response Team, Security Professionals, Emergency Room Responders, Behavioral Health Workers, Law Enforcement, or where controlling an aggressive person or situation is defined within their job description.
M3 Clinical MAB is open to all organizations wishing to send employees through the training required to effectively establish a CRT Team. This training is essential to help response team members to be prepared for dealing with physical intervention within their facilities.
This course is Comprehensive Workplace Violence Prevention Training with Evasion Maneuvers and is fully compliant with all California State SB-1299, AB-508, California Health and Safety Codes; 1257.7 and 1257.8, OSHA 8 CCR 3342, as well as all other State and Federal laws required to meet compliance for a mandatory workplace violence prevention program.
- Classroom Edition Course Format: Instructor Guided Instruction, the course is approximately 6 hours long.
- 100% Online Edition Course Format: Self-paced, the course is approximately 4 hours long
- Classroom Edition Certifications: Offers 4 CEUs with same-day certifications
- 100% Online Edition Certifications: Offers 4 CEUs with same-day certifications accessible anytime in your dashboard.
- Certification Validity: Provides a 2-year certification for Direct Care and a 1-year certification for healthcare & the general public.
- MABPRO Members – Bulk Registration: Option to register students in bulk with a company dashboard.
The safety of patients is of utmost importance, and there are times when it is necessary for Responder teams to physically intervene in situations where patients could be an imminent danger to themselves or others. It is crucial that the Responder team acts in a professional and coordinated manner to minimize the inherent risks in such dangerous situations. The MAB Clinical Containment process is an effective solution that helps define specific roles for each member of the team and creates a safety framework for the team to operate within. Furthermore, this process employs a least restrictive approach to crisis resolution, which prioritizes the safety and well-being of patients. With MAB Clinical Containment, responders can work confidently and collaboratively to mitigate immediate crisis situations and ensure that patients receive the necessary support and care during critical moments.
What is Clinical Containment
Standards for Use
CORE Protection Principles
Body Mass Neutralizing Strength
Purposeful Body Mechanics
Manipulated Psychometric Reflexology
MAB Clinical Containment Lanes
Clinical Containment – Inherent Risk Zones
The Four Stages of Containment
Stage One – The MAB Escort Position
Stage Two – Bringing the Patient to the Ground.
Syncing the Response Teams’ Movements –
Stage Three – The Swaddling Position
Stage Four – Returning to Self-Control
The SIBS Position
M3 Clinical Containment training is vitally important for all employees who have the responsibility to physically intervene in crisis situations where danger is imminent. Such employees require specialized skills and knowledge in order to safely de-escalate tense confrontations and prevent harm from occurring. By completing M3 Clinical Containment training, employees will gain a deep understanding of what actions to take and what to avoid in order to keep themselves and others safe during high-pressure situations. This training will help to greatly reduce the risk of injury or other negative outcomes, and increase the likelihood of positive resolutions to difficult scenarios. Therefore, any employer who values the safety and well-being of their staff and clients should strongly consider investing in M3 Clinical Containment training for their employees.
- The General Public
- Mental Health Workers
- Care Providers
- Direct Support Providers
- Group Home Staff
- Day Program Staff
- Social Workers
We Meet and Exceed Regulatory Compliances –
MABPRO MAB Training complies with all State and Federal standards and requirements such as the AB-508, AB-1083, AB-30, SB-1299, Health and Safety Codes 1257.7 and 1257.8, Title 22, MO. HB-652 and all standards required by The Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, SEIU union, and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners are specific to healthcare and workplace violence. All levels of MABPRO’s MAB Training are also recognized by the following regulatory compliance organizations, along with many others, as a valid and accepted choice for a violence prevention program.
Just some of the National Healthcare Organizations that recognize and support the need for MABPRO Education:
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS)
- National Alliance for The Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems (NAPHS)
- American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- Hospital Association of Southern California (HASC)
- The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- California Mental Health Directors Association (CMHDA)
- Accreditation Council on Developmental Disabilities (ACDD)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CAL-OSHA)
- California Department of Health Services-Facilities Licensing
- California Community Care Licensing (CCL)
- California Association of Social Rehabilitation Agencies (CASRA)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness California (NAMIC)
- California Alliance of Child and Family Services (CACFS)
- California Mental Health Advocates for Children and Youth (CMHACY)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- California Mental Health Planning Council CMHPC)
- California Council of Community Mental Health Agencies (CCCMHA)
- Mental Health Association in California (MHAC)
- California Psychological Association (CPA)
- California Psychiatric Association (CPA)
- Missouri Nurses Association (MONA)
- Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- National Nurses United (NNU
Professional Conduct: Master maintaining composure and professionalism during all phases of a crisis.
- Understanding Crisis Dynamics: Deepen your knowledge about situational and environmental awareness, proxemics, and risk management.
- Assaultive Behavior Management: Uncover the reasons behind aggressive behaviors and learn effective methods to address them.
- Critical Communication Skills: Develop critical thinking, active listening, and both verbal and nonverbal communication techniques.
- Practical De-escalation Strategies: Apply the 10 MABPRO crisis response principles and refine negotiation skills for real-time conflict resolution.
Structured Learning for Effective Crisis Management
The M1 Basic MAB course’s modular format ensures comprehensive coverage of every crisis management component. Consequently, the curriculum includes interactive modules with practical scenarios, team collaboration techniques, and comprehensive assessments.
Enrollment, Access, and Certification in MAB Online Training
Enrolling is easy: click ‘Enroll’ to purchase and start the course. You can log in anytime and access the course under ‘My Courses’ in the top menu. Additionally, your progress is saved for continuous learning. Upon completion, receive an instantly downloadable MAB certificate, a testament to your expertise.
Industry Compliance and Accreditation
Our course adheres to California State SB-1299, AB-508, and other relevant laws, ensuring comprehensive and compliant training.
Detailed Breakdown of Key Topics
The course covers a wide range of crucial topics, including situational assessment, types of awareness, team dynamics, proxemics, risk management, MABPRO crisis response principles, stress management, behavioral triggers, critical thinking, communication skills, practical deescalation strategies, and comprehensive assessments.
Why Choose M1 Basic MAB Online Training?
Invest in your growth with a course designed for creating safer workplaces. Ideal for various professionals, our training combines theoretical knowledge with practical applications.
Enroll in M1 Basic MAB Training today and step towards becoming a certified expert in managing workplace crises. This course is more than training; it’s a platform for significant professional impact.
Extensive Topics Covered Include:
The course encompasses a wide array of topics, from situational assessment and types of awareness to proxemics, risk management, the 10 MABPRO crisis response principles, stress management, critical thinking, communication skills, and more.
to help Meet your training needs?
Contact Us Today!
2405 South Stockton Street, Lodi, CA 95240
Open Our Live Chat