Woman ‘punches nurse and spits at hospital security guards’ in latest coronavirus frontline attack

A WOMAN has been arrested after allegedly punching a nurse and spitting at two security guards at a hospital in Bolton.

Officers from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) were called to the Royal Bolton Hospital on Saturday afternoon after a nurse was reportedly punched in the stomach.

 The alleged attack happened at a hospital in Bolton
The alleged attack happened at a hospital in BoltonCredit: Google View

It comes amid a spate of shocking attacks on the hero frontline workers who go to work every day to battle the coronavirus.

The incident was reported on the Facebook page of GMP’s Bolton South team.

Officers said: “On Saturday, April 4, police were called to the Royal Bolton Hospital to a report that a member of the public had punched a nurse and spat at two security guards.”

A 58-year-old woman, named by the officers at Louise Adams, has now been charged with three counts of assaulting emergency services workers.

“She has been remanded in police custody until the next available court,” the officers said.

There have been numerous reports of incidents involving NHS workers and police officers since the coronavirus lockdown began.

In unrelated incidents, an NHS worker was attacked for her ID badge as she did her food shop at a Grimsby supermarket.

The Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust slammed her attacker for the heinous crime, saying they “should be ashamed”.

NHS worker Sama Shali, 33, was spat at in the face twice by a man as she walked home after a ten-hour shift.

Sama, who works in medicine management at The Christie Hospital in Manchester, was walking to a nearby tram station when she was targeted.

In another incident in Manchester, an NHS worker was punched in the face and left with a fractured cheek.

The man, in his 50s, was badly hurt during an incident at the Salford Royal Infirmary.

Daniel Shevlin, 27, has now pleaded guilty to assault at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court.

The defendant, of no fixed abode, was remanded in custody until his sentencing at Manchester Crown Court on April 27.

Thug David Mott, 40, was jailed for 26 weeks after spitting at a police officer and threatening to infect her with coronavirus.

Related Articles


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *