Seclusion and Restraint: Information and SAFE Application
Every facility where the use of Seclusion and Restraints are necessary and utilized either infrequently or several times per day, this course is essential when approaching the subject of restraint within your environment. The legal aspect of seclusion and restraints will be discussed, of when staff have the right and not to engage into a physical restraint and placing individuals into a secluded environment, whether against their will or voluntarily. This course will educate staff on the techniques and methodology of approaching this subject as a last resort, but sometimes necessary dynamic. Training always is the start towards reducing liability!
- Discuss and examine the legal aspects of the Seclusion and Restraint process as it relates to each individual facility that the participants belong to.
- Examine the policies and procedures that are unique to the facility hosting the class.
- Examine the definition of Seclusion and Restraints and how it relates to healthcare.
- Discuss the laws that apply to Seclusion and Restraint and how it relates to healthcare.
- Discuss the different types of restraints and what each participant’s facility or organization uses, or does not use.
- Demonstrate hands-on application of restraints and how to use them.
- Wrap up and final thoughts and instructions for how to use the lessons learned toward their individual facilities or organizations.